"St. Mark's Parish is a Catholic, Christian Community of believers, gathered together to joyfully worship God. Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we seek to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ, celebrate the uniqueness and diversity of our people, and charitably minister to all.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
-Rosary is recited at 7:30 AM
Saturday - 5:00 pm
(anticipated Sunday Mass)
Sunday - 8:30 am and 11:00 am
Saturday, 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Other times by request.
MONTH OF THE SACRED HEART
The Feast of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, Latin: Sollemnitas Sacratissimi Cordis Iesu) is a solemnity in the liturgical calendar of the Roman Catholic Church. It falls 19 days after Pentecost, on a Friday.
June is the month of the Sacred Heart. To learn visit: https://www.catholicculture.org/culture/liturgicalyear/overviews/months/06_1.cfm
O SACRED HEART, O LOVE DIVINE
YOUTH GROUP MINISTRY - GARAGE SALE
St. Mark’s Youth Ministry is holding its 3rd annual “Garage Sale” on Thursday, June 13 Sunday through June 16, 2019. Listed below are some things available for purchase:
• Books, clothing, shoes, toys games, household items, bedding, window treatments, small appliances, DVD’s, CD’s, sporting/exercise equipment, stuffed animals, bikes, holiday décor and so much more!
• Thursday, June 13th from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
• Friday, June 14th from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
• Saturday, June 15th from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
• Sunday, June 16th from 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM & Noon to 3:00 PM
For more information on our Youth Group please go to our tab on the website by CLICKING HERE
YOUR ACTION NEEDED!!
Action Alert on Commercial Surrogacy!
Governor Cuomo has prioritized passage (by the end of this session in June!) of dangerous legislation to allow surrogate motherhood for profit. The bill would enable the buying and selling of children and the exploitation of women, and would lead to an increased reliance on IVF (in vitro fertilization) and the destruction of more human embryos.
Please let your elected officials know that you oppose this legislation. Take action now! Go to www.nyscatholic.org, hover over Take Action!, click on Latest Action Alerts, scroll down and click on Maintain the ban on surrogacy to send a quick email message to your representatives in Albany. While you’re there, please check out the rest of the Latest Action Alerts—all issues of life and death!
If you need more information, contact Suzanne Stack, Diocesan Life Issues Coordinator, at 585-328-3210 or email@example.com.
*** TO SEE THE FULL MEMORANDUM OF OPPOSITION LETTER, CLICK HERE TO READ **
Men's Program, TMIY - will be back in the Fall of 2019. Join us on Tuesdays mornings! To discover more about this highly dynamic men's program and register, for more details and information click on our
YOUNG ADULTS (18-35 yr)
We want to stay in touch with you and your family and share upcoming events and plan new activities to enhance your experience at St. Mark’s! Let’s talk after Mass and get the conversation started about Young Adult Ministry.
Please check out the new Young Adult Bulletin Board. It is located on the wall just before the entrance to the Church Hall.
As you may have heard, there is an upcoming movie by the name of "Unplanned" which presents the powerful story of former Planned Parenthood director Abby Johnson and her conversion to being a leading Pro-life advocate. It also details the role 40 Days for Life played in that process.
Please try to attend the theater showings starting March 29. The turnout for the first week is critical to prolonging its run in the theater. It is important to enable as many people as possible to see this film as it will be very impactful in affecting people's attitudes toward abortion.
STAND OUT FOR LIFE
Saturday Morning, June 22, 2019 from 9:00 - 10:30 AM outside the downtown Planned Parenthood abortion facility (114 University Ave. 14605). We stand in love for the children in the womb being killed, the pregnant moms in need being exploited and wounded by the lie of abortion, and even for the abortionist and all abortion workers.
Together we can point the way to real help and support. Love will end abortion. The media, community leaders, and elected officials can ignore a gathering of 100 of us; but what about 500; what about 1000? Together we can make a big difference if we are willing to put our pro-life convictions into action by participating in this monthly event of Christian unity, prayer and peaceful public witness for the end of abortion. Do not be afraid and do not be ashamed Come, Stand Out for Life. You are needed! Save the dates of future Stand Outs:7/27
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
For more information on St. Mark's "Mercy for the Least of these" CLICK HERE
CAN YOU HELP?
- We are looking for people who can volunteer once in a while to complete small tasks in the Parish Office. Please call Terri at 585-225-6824 if you would like to help.
- Your help is needed to operate the computer projection system during masses. IT’S MUCH EASIER THAN YOU MIGHT THINK! Contact Deacon Frank at 2276824 ext. 205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
8:30 am -12:30 pm & 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Closed on National Holidays
Diocese of Rochester - Safe Environment
Traveling? Find a church quickly https://catholicmasstime.org/
Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester https://www.dor.org/
Pope Franics - Latest News https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/tags/pope-francis
Catholic Courier https://catholiccourier.com/
The Station of the Cross Catholic Radio https://www.thestationofthecross.com/stations/rochester/
- Father Louis Sirianni, Pastor
- Deacon Frank Pettrone, Pastoral Associate
- Deacon David Cadregari, Deacon
- Joyce Martelli, Finance Director
- Kristine Burgio, Religious Education / Youth Ministry
- Terri Nicolosi, Administrative Assistant
- Joe Ilardo, Music Director
- Connie Schmeer, Parish Secretary
- Samir Agic, Maintenance
- Andrew Tantalo, Parish Organist
- Jack Fiannaca, Parish Organist