LENT 2023 RESOURCES
We begin Lent on Ash Wednesday, February 22, 2023 with Mass and Distribution of Ashes at 8:00 am and 5:30 pm; Prayer Service with Distribution of Ashes at 12:30 pm. In Lent we focus on the works of prayer, fasting and charitable giving. We have many opportunities to grow in relationship with Christ. Let’s ask ourselves, “Are we giving sufficient time to the highest priorities in our lives?” Take advantage of the many opportunities offered here. And more to come...as we prepare for Easter!
ST. MARK'S LENTEN EVENTS
- Lenten Mission Eucharistic Revival Lenten Mission with Bishop Matano (See flyer on Home page of website)
- Thursday, February 23 at 6:30 PM - Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament at St. Mark's
- Friday, February 24 at 6:30 PM , Youth Vigil-Vocation Stories and Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament with Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
- Saturday, February 25, at 8:15 AM, Mass with Bishop Matano at St. John the Evangelist. See flyer on Home page of website.
- Catholic Relief Service Rice Bowls offers an opportunity to practice charitable giving. (Available in the Church Narthex)
- Stations of the Cross - Fridays of Lent at 7:00 pm in the church with the exception of February 24 when we will have the Eucharistic Revival at Our Mother of Sorrows. (For those who are unable to attend Stations of the Cross physically– it will be live-streamed on Facebook.)
- Lenten Fish Fry - The Knights of Columbus will present their annual fish fry each Friday from 4:30-6:30pm. This will be TAKE OUT ONLY with curbside service.
- Lenten Book Discussion - Holy Moments by Matthew Kelly, see detailed information on dates and content below
- Fasting and Abstinence - CLICK HERE TO READ LETTER FROM BISHOP MATANO
OTHER CATHOLIC LENTEN RESOURCES
- FORMED: Fearless: A 7-Week Lenten Video Series. Visit signup.formed.org for more information. If you need assistance accessing FORMED, find instructions at https://www.stmarksgreece.com/formed
- Dynamic Catholic: Best Lent Ever - Spend 40 days Soaking in the Wisdom of Holy Moments - Daily eflection videos. https://www.dynamiccatholic.com/lent
- HALLOW App - Invites you to join the #Pray40 Imitation of Christ: Where for the 40 days of Lent, hundreds of thousands will join together in prayer and meditation. https://hallow.com/pray40/
Lenten Book Discussion Details - HOLY MOMENTS By Matthew Kelly
Part 1 Discussion Date Options:
• Sunday February 26 from 9:45-10:45 in the Church Library OR
• Monday February 27 from 8:30-9:30 in the Church Library
• Please read the book before coming to the Part 1 Discussion.
Part 2 Discussion Date Options:
• Sunday April 2 from 9:45-10:45 in the Church Library OR
• Monday April 3 from 8:30-9:30 in the Church Library
• Please reread the book before coming to the Part 2 Discussion.
• Questions can be directed to Nancy Iafrati at [email protected]
• This book is a quick read, so please read the book before coming to the discussions.
• If you did not get this book at Christmastime, some books may be available. Please email Kris Burgio or Deacon Frank if you need a book.