LENT 2022 RESOURCES
The goal of every Christian is to leave Lent a stronger and more vital person of faith than when we entered. To help you on your Lenten 2022 journey, find below a variety of resources to choose from that will help you grow and become stronger in your faith during this season of fasting, prayer and pentinence.
ST. MARK'S EVENTS
- Fridays during Lent at 7:00 pm Stations of the Cross will be recited in the main church.
- Lenten Friday Fish Frys hosted by our Knights of Columbus each Friday from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm. $14 pp Will be TakeOut only with Curbside Service and CASH only.
- Sacrament of Reconciliation each Saturday from 3:30 to 4:30PM
- Catholic Relief Service Rice Bowls offers an opportunity to practice charitable giving. (Available in the Church Narthex)
OTHER CATHOLIC RESOURCES
HALLOW APP invites you to join the #Pray40 Challenge where—for the 40 days of Lent leading up to Easter—hundreds of thousands will join together in prayer and meditation on these important words. The #Pray40 Community Challenge on Hallow is one of the most popular and life-changing challenges of the year with exclusive prayer resources to enhance your Lenten journey. This Lent, unite yourself to Christ’s suffering and:-Deepen your intimacy with Christ-Meditate on the depth of Jesus’ sacrifice for us-Become Christ to othersTo get started visit: https://hallow.com/share/1CZQGU
- DYNAMIC CATHOLIC, BEST LENT EVER - Just Even Better-Dynamic Catholic. This year…for the first time ever…we’re offering you TWO options for BEST LENT EVER.
1) The Generosity Habit OR 2) Difficult Teachings, The 40 Most Challenging Teachings of JesusEvery day, you will receive two short, practical and inspiring videos in your inbox, each representing a pathway leading toward a better version of you and a closer relationship with God.Why did we double up? Well, the world has changed. You’ve changed. And in order to offer a truly transformative experience, we developed two pathways designed specifically to meet you where you are, no matter where you are in your spiritual journey. Visit the link below, to sign up* now for which ever journey that speaks to your heart.*to participate in this program, you don't have to order the books. For a deeper dive into the topic, the books are available for you to purchase.
- On the platform FORMED: Forgiven: The Transforming Power of Confession explores the grace and healing offered in Confession and shows how this sacrament of mercy reveals the depth and bounty of God's love. By looking at God's revelation of his mercy in Scripture and making a step-by-step examination of the Rite itself, Forgiven communicates God's invitation to each one of us to come experience his indescribable love in the Sacrament of Reconciliation. *For help logging into this platform, visit our website for instructions: https://www.stmarksgreece.com/formed
- The Lunchtime Examen invites you to pause at Noontime (or whatever time fits your calendar) to review your day in the presence of God. This six-session AUDIO series (approx. 8 minutes each) is led by Jim Manney, author of A Simple, Life-Changing Prayer: Discovering the Power of St. Ignatius Loyola’s Examen. For more information visit https://www.ignatianspirituality.com/ignatian-prayer/the-examen/lunchtime-examen/
FORMED: Into His Likeness – New Series with Dr. Edward Sri. In additionvmany other resources for lent for adults & youth If you need assistance accessing FORMED, find instructions at https://www.stmarksgreece.com/formed